As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Wired4Music Council Meeting at RBS Headquarters
Wired4Music council members and funders met on Thursday 17 July at RBS Headquarters in Liverpool Street to discuss the INVESTMENT strand of the Manifesto campaign.
What do funders look for when they fund a music project for young people?
How and to what extent should funding organisations involve young people in the decision making process?
What role should young people play in helping organisations funds being fairly distributed in their community?
Amy Wilson from Youth Music spoke about how the funding process currently works in Youth Music, and pledged to involve young people more in the conversations about the funding process.
Our Wired4Music Leadership Programme has been made possible with the support of RBS Inspiring Youth Enterprise, and Nick Howe joined our panel discussion to pledge his continuing commitment to ensuring that young people get the information they need about funding and investment. Nick pledged a mobile business advice session that would visit areas across London and offer advice to young people about funding – on a bus!
Wired4Music said goodbye to Amy Schumacher, who is moving on from the post of Programme Coordinator after two years working with our members to develop our ground-breaking Manifesto campaign and Leadership Programme!
Watch this space for further exciting developments in the campaign!
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,