As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Wired4Music Council Meeting at Spotlight
Held at Spotlight, the incredible new youth activities centre in Langdon Park, Wired4Music were delighted to host their third manifesto council meeting. Welcoming representatives of several different organisations including Beatnik PR, Brighter Sound and Hackney Music Service, Wired4Music members and young people from Hackney Youth Forum gathered to discuss progression within the music industry.
Led by Wired4Music members Kaisle Grai and Michael Olorunfemi, five key questions surrounding the theme of progression were presented. The group then split into smaller parties to discuss topics in further detail and present back with their conclusions. The main questions asked were:
- How do progression routes differ in music to that of more traditional career routes?
- How can we increase local opportunities?
- How can young people progress backstage/behind the scenes?
- How could your musical journey have started earlier?
- What are the smaller steps we can take to achieve larger goals?
As well as this, member Delicia Edgar gave a brief talk on the Leadership Programme, which is currently choosing its second round of applicants. She discussed why Wired4Music is important to so many young people in London commenting on how “Wired4Music opens up channels between decision and policy makers” allowing the young people involved to “shape their destinies”.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,