As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Wired4Music deliver youth voice consultation in Haringey in partnership with Roundhouse
Last week Wired4Music staff and young people co-facilitated an interactive session looking at musical journeys and opportunities for young people in Haringey. In the Transmitter Room of the glorious Alexandra Palace, the session brought together musical young people aged 16-25, as well as organisations working with young people. The group looked at career pathways and opportunities to progress, explored creative opportunities available in Haringey and across London and discussed the future of music for young people, feeding in to a London- wide conversation highlighted by the Wired4Music manifesto. It was fantastic to be joined by head of Haringey Music Service Peter Desmond, as well as colleagues and young people from Jacksons Lane, Haringey Shed, Homes for Haringey, Everyone’s Climbing Tree and New River Studios. Lamar, 17 told us “that was a really, really good meeting” and Jason from Homes for Haringey took away a range of activities to continue the discussion with the young people he works with in Tottenham and Wood Green. The consultation will be followed by a report produced by Wired4Music which will be available in early 2015.
Wired4Music and Roundhouse conducted a series of similar consultations in Enfield last year and you can view the final report here >
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,