As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Wired4Music Individual Giving Campaign
Empowering young Londoners
As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London. At the summer 2015 Sound Connections ‘Would Like To Meet…’ networking event, we launched our first ever individual giving campaign in support of the young people we work with through Wired4Music.
Wired4Music is a ground-breaking initiative developing, enabling and empowering young leaders. It’s there to ensure that the musical future of London is shaped by those who will be living and experiencing it. We believe that during a time when young people’s access to the arts is so under threat, it’s more important than ever that young voices from every background are heard, their ideas are put into action, and that they feel empowered to influence decisions being made and the choices available.
“The best thing about Wired4Music is that it’s diverse; culturally, in terms of skills, and ways of thinking.” “It’s accessible and affordable.” “It’s open to people from all backgrounds.”
“I realised as I was writing all of my experiences with Wired4Music down in my personal statement, I probably wouldn’t be in uni if it weren’t for Wired.”
To ensure that London’s young musicians have a platform from which to campaign and take a lead, we need your help. Click here to donate, starting with £5 to wish Wired4Music a happy 5th birthday! If you’re interested in talking more about how you could support the work of Sound Connections and Wired4Music, please contact email@example.com
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,