As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Wired4Music launches ‘Generate’ programme for 16-25 year olds
Photo Credit: Stratford Circus Arts Centre / Rob Harris, Generate 2016
Do you work with a creative young person whose music project idea is ready to come to life? Are they aged 16-25 and signed up to Wired4Music, the music network for young Londoners? They can now apply for grants between £500 – £2,000 and support to get their project off the ground!
Wired4Music has launched Generate, a new funding and support programme offering grants of between £500 – £2,000 and coaching to Wired4Music members who are ready to kick-start their musical projects. In the past few months, Generate has already celebrated member-led project successes including the Young Producers project with Stratford Circus Arts Centre, an all-female live music and spoken word event The Goddess Speaks 2.0, held in partnership with Independent Venue Week.
On Wednesday 15 February 2017 the annual Wired4Music event Rising Futures will be more member-led than ever, as Generate supports Wired4Music members to programme, facilitate and host a day of discussion and dialogue at the Roundhouse.
Applications are now open, so if you know a young Londoner who loves music please encourage them to sign-up to Wired4Music and apply to gain support in realising their ideas through Generate.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,