As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Wired4Music Leadership Programme Launch
Following huge success in the first and second year, the Wired4Music Leadership Programme is back! The programme offers young, musically-minded creatives aged 18-25 the support, skills and resources required to realise creative potential. From events promoters to educators, producers to campaigners – Wired4Music helps bring ideas to life. The 2016-17 programme, which launched on Wednesday 18 April 2016, offers participants a £350 bursary, one-to-one support sessions and workshops in budgeting and project management. Previous projects supported by the programme have been wide-ranging; Zelal established a music collective who get together for fortnightly jamming sessions, Kaisle set up Wired4Music youth-led vocal workshops, and Kayleigh is currently finishing up on the delivery of a six-week music industry crash-course for people aged 16-24. You can find out more about our graduates on the Leadership Programme site.
We are asking our friends and colleagues at partner organisations to refer anyone that they think might be suitable for, and benefit from, the programme, and the application process is open for the duration of the summer. If you’d like to find out more, please contact Jess using the email@example.com address.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,