As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Wired4Music Rising Futures 2015
For its third consecutive year, Wired4Music took over Roundhouse to bring you the best in youth voice and participation. Following the Wired4Music Manifesto theme of community, the day looked at ways in which young people and organisations can strengthen their networks and reach out to others, focusing on what a musical community is to YOU.
Wired4Music was joined by Hackney Youth Music Forum and Brighter Sound who teamed up with Roundhouse and Wired4Music members to bring you speeches, breakout sessions and a panel discussion to get people really thinking about their own musical communities. As well as inspiring talks from amazing young people and organisations from across the country, we had photographers, radio hosts and illustrators captured the key moments of Rising Futures 2015. Hooked up to a live projection screen, the artists created an amazing visual to accompany the panel discussion.
Check out Storify highlights of the day here.
On top of all this, we celebrated our fifth birthday in style with a W4MLDN cake! The day allowed us to reflect on the amazing work done by all the young people involved and congratulate the first cohort on completing their RBS Leadership Programme.
So a massive THANK YOU to everyone involved for making it the best Rising Futures so far – we can’t wait to see what the next year holds!
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,