As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Would Like to Meet… July 2016
On Wednesday 20 July 2016, we hosted our annual summer Would Like to Meet networking event for the music education community at the fantastic Omnibus multi-arts centre in Clapham. Would Like to Meet gives those in the sector a chance to connect with old friends and colleagues, share great ideas and spark new connections with freelance practitioners, community musicians, music and arts organisations, local authority contacts and Music Education Hubs. This event was no different!
The evening was a great success, and it was fantastic to welcome so many old and new faces there. The highlight of the night was a beautiful acoustic performance from Mayson Nicholls-Young, a Grit School musician who had been introduced to us via School Ground Sounds.
Here’s why people said they feel events like Would Like To Meet are important:
“It’s so vital to connect with others in the field, share ideas and opportunities and inspire.”
“In this day and age people don’t always reply to emails so being able to meet and connect people in person is very valuable.”
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- RT @MusicExLondon "Still time to sign up to @ISM_trust today's hosted webinar led by MEL Advocate Keir Crawley… https://t.co/wlQmAPhwSC,
- A great opp for #earlyyears practitioners - musical or not- to learn more about child initiated music making… https://t.co/E2EGLOwOPP,
- .@MusicExLondon #TeachMeet @listermusicdept, 4 May 2017. #KS3 music teachers - sign up to FREE webinar tomorrow too… https://t.co/nS7uuUlHwy,
- Proud to be a member of a great organisation like @LondonYouth who share our core values. Check out their website:… https://t.co/I0PvgMdWce,
- Do you work in #earlyyears? Join us + #LEYMN member/animateur John Webb @KintorewayNS for this child-led masterclas… https://t.co/DwVmtuaHgH,
- This #bankholiday - join #CCMN members @Every1sCtree for a wonderful of music, arts, workshops, food and more… https://t.co/RCRkNuFviJ,
- Delighted to be welcoming the newest member of the @SConnections team today - Great to have you on board… https://t.co/a3i1WUAFPv,
- RT @MusicExLondon "Sign up to @ISM_trust hosted webinar led by MEL Advocate Keir Crawley https://t.co/KLU5XDvDzj …" https://t.co/e88PPxqs74,
- Brand new Early Childhood Music course, validated by @TrinityC_L and led by fantastic #earlyyears #musiced educator… https://t.co/s4SirC7QOd,
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,