As a small charity we rely upon donations from generous individuals, trusts and companies to support our work with children and young people across London.
Would Like to Meet… Networking Event
The first Tuesday in July saw over 100 people descend on the October Gallery in Bloomsbury for our Summer ‘Would Like to Meet…’ networking event. This was a chance to meet, share and learn from others, with Sound Connections staff on hand to “match-make” (if needed!)
Our Wired4Music members were out in force, with the event soundtracked by the eclectic beats of Pearl Amoateng and documented by our photographer-in-residence Jesse Olu.
Sound Connections’ Director Philip Flood talked about recent changes in music education, including the National Plan for Music Education and the new Music Education Hubs, Sound Connections’ developing relationship with Arts Council England, A New Direction (A.N.D.), GLA and Hubs, and provided information on our new programme of work around cold spots and supporting new and emerging practioners undertaking innovative work.
The next ‘Would Like to Meet…’ takes place in November and will be a special 10th birthday party for Sound Connections! Keep your eyes peeled as we’ll be announcing the date through our e-newsletter in September.
Please also keep us up-to-date with any new contacts made/relationships forged/new projects planned!
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,
- Experience hands on child-initiated music making with John Webb @KintorewayNS on 21 June #LEYMN #earlyyears… https://t.co/z1dLeVpoIZ,
- Next @MusicExLondon TeachMeet, May 4 'Building a dept from the bottom up: A musical vision' thanks @listermusicdept… https://t.co/66RHCEPzrn,
- Uniqueness of three orgs coming together on one project. @Seriouslive @lsostlukes Discovery and @hackneymusic Shari… https://t.co/Vo3riyQGEC,
- Chris Mackin from Ickburgh School - working w @hmdtmusic @lsostlukes @hackneymusic - just finished project for… https://t.co/amvFPJi8e5,
- "Take the risk to put young people in driving seat - they will always surprise you & create brilliant projects" #YouthVoice @hackneymusic,
- Great #YouthVoice presentation from Kenia, Takiyah, Caitlin @hackneymusic #YouthMusicForum. Young people must have… https://t.co/Qwc4oUbV0r,
- "Collaboration is vital defence to reduction of our provision as music educators. Think about schools,… https://t.co/s71tsbVMum,
- Great to be at this @hackneymusic event this evening. A brilliant network doing fantastic partnership work with sch… https://t.co/oGEqGvW3Eb,
- MT @sfhannan Gr8 to hear from a music coord @hackneymusic event that theirHT sees music key to curriculum & focus not just on maths/literacy,