Improving the quality of provision and status of Early Years music across the sector. Through the delivery of projects, training, research and networking we are working to change policy, support activity and raise awareness of the importance of music in a child’s early years.
Sound Connections develops, enables & empowers young Londoners through high quality music-making opportunities.
We do this by delivering ground breaking musical opportunities, providing professional development to music organisations and practitioners, and undertaking high quality action research and advocacy to promote best practice in music education.
We bring together organisations and practitioners working across four key music specialisms: Challenging Circumstances, Early Years, Youth Voice and Sector & Workforce Development.
Supporting and developing those working with children and young people in challenging circumstances. We believe that every child and young person should be able to access and enjoy high quality music, and progress musically should they wish to. We’re working to help bring down barriers to access.
Youth Voice & Participation
Leading the way in Youth Voice & Participation, both regionally and nationally. We regularly engage in panel discussions, debates, focus groups, campaigning and advocacy aimed at making a youth voice heard across the United Kingdom.
Sector & Workforce Development
Championing excellence in music education across the sector through practical continuing professional development and strategic support. We offer a comprehensive, needs-driven sector and workforce development programme that is transformational, inclusive and accessible. Our training is delivered by leading educators in the UK.
Music Excellence London: Webinar - 'A practical guide to composing and arranging music for the KS3 classroom and school ensemble'
Thursday 27 April 2017
4.30pm - 5.30pm
Music Excellence London: TeachMeet - 'Building a department from the bottom-up: a musical vision'
Thursday 4 May 2017
5.00pm - 7.00pm
Samba Drumming and Body Percussion
Wednesday 24 May 2017
2.00pm - 5.00pm
What’s That Noise? - Encouraging child-initiated musicality with John Webb
Wednesday 21 June 2017
9.15am - 3.30pm
- RT @MusicExLondon "Still time to sign up to @ISM_trust today's hosted webinar led by MEL Advocate Keir Crawley… https://t.co/wlQmAPhwSC,
- A great opp for #earlyyears practitioners - musical or not- to learn more about child initiated music making… https://t.co/E2EGLOwOPP,
- .@MusicExLondon #TeachMeet @listermusicdept, 4 May 2017. #KS3 music teachers - sign up to FREE webinar tomorrow too… https://t.co/nS7uuUlHwy,
- Proud to be a member of a great organisation like @LondonYouth who share our core values. Check out their website:… https://t.co/I0PvgMdWce,
- Do you work in #earlyyears? Join us + #LEYMN member/animateur John Webb @KintorewayNS for this child-led masterclas… https://t.co/DwVmtuaHgH,
- This #bankholiday - join #CCMN members @Every1sCtree for a wonderful of music, arts, workshops, food and more… https://t.co/RCRkNuFviJ,
- Delighted to be welcoming the newest member of the @SConnections team today - Great to have you on board… https://t.co/a3i1WUAFPv,
- RT @MusicExLondon "Sign up to @ISM_trust hosted webinar led by MEL Advocate Keir Crawley https://t.co/KLU5XDvDzj …" https://t.co/e88PPxqs74,
- Brand new Early Childhood Music course, validated by @TrinityC_L and led by fantastic #earlyyears #musiced educator… https://t.co/s4SirC7QOd,
- Did you see the @SConnections newsletter this week? Exciting #Innovate2017 + workshop announcements. Read it here: https://t.co/JqrOJ77mAm,